The wonderful people at Perrigo Nutritionals contacted me about sharing some information with all the working moms out there and the benefits of store brand formula. As a working momma who used both of the above formulas with my first, I was happy to share my experiences.
My first daughter had a latch issue when she was a newborn and although she was breastfed for 6 months, we would not have gotten through those months so well without supplementing. I am a big believer in the supplementing idea and think it is part of the reason that Little Miss is doing so great now. Also I was not afraid to try store brands when my mom (who used to work for Abbott Labs - the maker of one of the BIG formula brands) let me know that products like these are held to the same standards no matter who makes them. So we tried both the Up and Up and Parents Choice brands with my daughter and she had no problems with either. I know every baby is different, but with most stores offering a guarantee on formulas, I say give them a try, we will be doing so when Baby Girl # 2 arrives next year:)
Information About Perrigo Nutritionals
· Many moms are not aware that they can save up to 50 percent on infant formula by choosing a store brand over a national brand
· Store Brand Formula is nutritionally comparable to the national brands, yet are typically up to half the price, and can save you about $600 a year
· Perrigo Nutritionals is the largest supplier of Store Brand Infant Formula and nutrition products in the world and one of only four companies recognized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for meeting the strict FDA requirements for safety, nutrition and quality for infant formula-manufacturing in the United States
· According to a recent survey conducted online by Harris Interactive, 75 percent of American moms plan to return to work after they have their baby
· Of those moms returning to work, 42 percent attribute their stress to feeding their baby
Also here is some tips from the book show above:
Five Return to Work Tips from Michelle LaRowe, author of “Working Moms 411”:
1. If you don’t have quality childcare, you won’t be able to focus on anything else. Whether you choose a nanny, enroll your child in daycare or have a family member provide care, if you’re not confident your child is safe and being well cared for, you won’t be able to get any work done.
2. A momtourage is a necessity. Now is the time to find out the people, places and things that can make your life easier. Whether it outsourcing the pet walking or ordering your groceries online, figure out who and what you can count on to give you more time in your day to spend with your family.
3. If you don’t take care of yourself, you can’t take care of anyone else. Set your alarm to get up 15 minutes before everyone else to have your cup of coffee in peace. If you can't hit the gym, take a brisk walk during your lunch break. If you aren’t meeting your own needs, you won’t be able to meet the needs of others.
4. You’ll need to adjust your expectations. Sure, you can do it all and have it all if you’re willing to refine what that means. You’re too tired to prepare a home cooked meal every night. Consider starting an office meal swap. Make double of a meal one night per week, have a coworker do the same things and switch and get two meals for the trouble of one.
5. Guilt is mommyversal. Don’t let anyone fool you. Whether you are a working mom, stay at home mom or work from home mom, guilt is mommyversal. Just because you feel guilty doesn’t mean you are guilty. If you’ve made the right choice for your family do yourself and your baby a favor: let go of the guilt.
If you would like to win a give pack including the book and 2 containers of formula for yourself, please comment with you best newborn feeding advice below (and leave your email too!) Giveaway ends on Friday, December 5th at 2 pm EST.
***The Perrigo Nutritionals product, information and two gift packs have been provided by Perrigo Nutritionals. No compensation was received for this post and all thoughts are my own.