CleanAds

Monday, January 17, 2011

Banana Nut Sundae Friendship Bread

Do you remember when I made biscuits for the Friendship Bread Kitchen? Well I have been asked to test another recipe for them! I was so excited to see that it was a Banana Nut version of friendship bread. Since I LOVE friendship bread I was excited to pull some starter out of the freezer and try this out.

Here is the recipe I used (provide from the Friendship Bread Kitchen with some changes!):

- 1 cup Amish friendship bread starter (taken from the freezer and defrosted)
- 2 mashed bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 box instant pudding (I used butterscotch because the combination made me think of a sundae)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts


Directions:
1. Preheat over to 325° F.
2. In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Mix well.
3. In a smaller bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Mix well.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and slowly fold in the wet ingredients, mixing well and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
5. Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.

Here are my loves before going into the oven. Thinking about the sundae idea I had going I also added some chocolate chips to the one loaf.

Out of the oven

And into my tummy!

I loved the way these turned out. The loaf with the chocolate chips was my favorite. It tasted like a Banana Nut Sundae. If you like friendship bread and sweet breads this recipe is a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment