CleanAds

Friday, January 7, 2011

“Grandmom’s” Sauce

I love my Grandmother’s tomato gravy (yup that is the Italian side of me) but I also enjoyed the yummy meat sauce my  Mum (the mother –in-law, but I don’t like calling her that because it seems to impersonal) so I thought I can combine these two together. Now realize I had never made a meat sauce before and did not really look anything up, I just got out my ingredients.

Here we have parsley, oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, onion, tomato paste, red wine, ground beef, 2 cans crushed tomatoes and pasta (I was cooking for a large group hence the 2 boxes).

First thing I did was chop up the onion and add that and the beef to my stock pot. I let the meat brown and the onion soften, then add a few glugs of the red wine. After that I put in my crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. I add a little sugar (that was one of Grandma’s secrets) and let it cook away all afternoon.

When it was time for dinner I made the pasta and combined that with my sauce for the finished product.

It had a great flavor and was nice and filling, I think it was a hit!

What is your favorite recipe to add some new life to?

No comments:

Post a Comment