CleanAds

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Is it 2011 already?

Hi all! Sorry I took a new days off, I just needed a break after the holidays. Does anyone else feel that way after the holidays? I  feel like we do so much in just a few short days I need some time off to regroup and be ready for the new year. Since everyone has been posing about what traditions they have for New Year’s Day food (and since I cooked New Year’s Day dinner this yearsmile_regular) I thought I would share my family tradition.

Since as long as I can remember, my mom has ALWAYS done a pork roast on New Year’s Day. I think I get it now, the pork meaning good luck and prosperity in the new year and all that. What I really knew was that mom MUST have pork roast on New Year’s Day no ifs, ands, or buts. This year Hubby and I said we would make it. I was a little nervous I have not really done a roast on my own before (turkey to me is different) and I have never done pork roast. After consulting all the cookbooks we had, Hubby and I had a plan of attack. I scored the top of the roast then used a pork seasoning we had from Target all over it and drizzled with olive oil.

Ready for the oven and 2 hours later:

For the potatoes I parboiled them and put them in with the pork for the last 40 minutes. We served this with applesauce and baked beans. I am guessing it was good because there was not an ounce of pork leftover!

What is your family New Year’s Day tradition? Or if you don’t have any what did you see that you would like to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment