CleanAds

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day times 2

By Sunday both Ellie and I were tired (guess that is what happens after 3 busy weekends), but it was Mother's Day and time to celebrate the women we love.

Here are both our mom's at our wedding! Love them both so much!

Breakfast with the in-laws was my FIL favorite, Dunkin Donuts. I had a Decaf Mocha Latte Light and a Vanilla Kreme donut, so gooood. Then it was off to my SIL's to see Baby Charlotte and have lunch.

The SIL had order lasagna and salad for lunch. It was really good and then I had a small piece of mocha cream cake (no pictures) but I did not eat too much and felt good, minus being tired and having horrible allergies all day:(

After a short visit hubby and I got in the car to have dinner with my mom. We planned on making the MIL's vegetable chili and not tell my dad (who is not a huge veggie fan).

Here is the recipies:
1 lb onion chopped
2 garlic cloves
Oil
1 lb chopped veggies (we used baby eggplant, zuchinni, carrots, and mushrooms)
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 cans kidney beans
4 oz tomato pasta
28 oz crushed tomatoes
4 oz bulgar wheat
4 cups stock

First you heat the oil then add onion and garlic to soften. Add other veggies, kidney beans, and spices cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and paste. Add bulgar wheat then slowly add stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes and enjoy.

We served we a side of chewy French bread. It was so good my dad did not even notice the veggies!! Do you have any foods you think you would never eat?


Dessert was a MIL recipe as well. It is a Jam Square done in the microwave with oats! (Let me know if you want the recipe). I used strawberry-rhubarb jam and served with a little ice cream, or maple ginger snap gelato in my case!


It was all awesome but I was tired at the end of the day...
-Jacqui

No comments:

Post a Comment