CleanAds

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Beach trip

This weekend hubby and I headed to Rehoboth Beach. Hubby had a conference to attend and since it was at the beach and driving distance, I like to join! We got to the beach front hotel(!) on Thursday night and headed out for a walk around town and get some dinner.

We decided to headed to Dogfish Brewing and Eats. Hubby and I love to check out local breweries when we can.

Hubby got a beer sampler (he loves those) and I got a PG-13 which was house made vanilla vodka and house made root beer. It was so refreshing and you could taste the hint of vanilla in the root beer, I thoroughly enjoyed. For dinner I got the Salmon sandwich with .... and a side salad (I was proud of myself for not getting fries!) The sandwich was really great and was just a pieces of amazing salmon on the baquette bread with blue cheese, garlic aioli, tomatoes, and red onions. I totally enjoyed our dinner.


However being by the beach makes me want treats so hubby and I split a funnel cake later that night. It was so good we made a mess but loved it.

Friday I was on my own for most of the day but I had a bunch of magazines and a beautiful day to keep me busy. Hubby and I had an awesome room with a living room and kitchen

And ocean view

So I had a place to workout (apparently the website was wrong, no gym, but I had workouts on my BB for emergencies!) I got in a good 40 mins of cardio and made myself some oatmeal (hotels are a good time to use instant) and coffee.

Lunch was the Subway I saw down from our hotel. Love a $4 veggie filled lunch. My Veggie Delight on whole grain had a little shredded cheese, green pepper, cucumber, lettuce, olives, and red onion with a side of pickles it was perfect!


After another long walk around town with hubby (and maybe some frozen custard!) the Brit and I knew just what to do for dinner

A British fish and chips place at the beach, it was a must! We shared all the following:
Black and Tan onion rings
Fish and chips with coleslaw

Let me tell you this was made by an Englishmen for sure, the fish was nice and light with just enough breading. We both really enjoyed it. I would recommend if you are ever by the boardwalk in Rehoboth.

Saturday morning hubby had to finish up some things with his conference, so I got in a yoga workout (again thanks to the BB) then had some coffee and a Breakfast cookie from home.

These travel so well, love them!

We spent the afternoon with some friends in the area watching the USA-England World Cup again (yup and Hubby was happy he said he was a winner either way!) It was a great afternoon with good friends but sorry no pics.

It was a great weekend, nice and relaxing!

2 comments:

  1. you included two of the worlds greatest foods ever created...funnel cake and onion rings. oh lord have mercy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, not good for the waistline but good for the tummy;)

    ReplyDelete