CleanAds

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day and Anniversary Dinner

Although I was not feeling a workout on Monday, I did get in a little Cardio Step with Kim. It was a good workout for a day I was not feeling it.

Breakfast was just some Special K cereal and coffee.

Need to get in the healthy grains.

Lunch was the new Chick-fil-a Spicy Chicken Sandwich. Hubby and I both had coupons to try this new sandwich as a preview on Monday.

With a side of the amazing waffle fries this sandwich did not disappoint. It was super juicy just like the original with a nice kick of spices. If you like Chick-fil-a sandwiches and spicy food I would highly recommend trying it when they come out for real next week. Hubby said it was better then Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich!

We did not do to much on Monday, but did have dinner with mom and dad planned. They like to take us our for our anniversary every year. We decided to go to Bonefish Grill because mom and dad love it there.

I started with a Bonefish Martini (Stolichnaya vodka, splash of cranberry juice and Caposaldo sparkling prosecco) and a little bread in pesto. 

This martini was nice and refreshing I really enjoyed it and made it last through dinner.

Next mom and I got the Singapore Calamari to share. I love calamari and rarely get it so I thought why not.

Hubby and dad split the Bang Bang Shrimp also in the picture.

Then I had a small Bonefish Salad with no dressing (Crisp greens, spring mix, hearts of palm, Kalamata olives and ripe tomatoes all lightly tossed with a citrus herb vinaigrette.)

 Very light and perfect with out the dressing!

My dinner was the Scallops and Shrimp with the mango salsa, steamed broccoli, and spinach, tomato, and chickpea saute. The fish was cooked perfect as where the veggies and the portion was the prefect size. It was quiet tasty!
 And finally for any special occasion a little sweet for the table.

We had the flourless macadamia nut brownie with vanilla ice cream, raspberry sauce and whipped cream. It was so good, even hubby the now sweet lover keep going back for more!

It was a good end to a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. haha, im still laughing at the name Bang Bang Shrimp...i know im so immature. glad you guys had a great dinner.

    ReplyDelete