I get lots of emails about recipes that I want to try so I am going to start actually trying some of them now. This chicken dish is based on a Skinny in the City Recipe but it does not follow it as hubby and I like to make some changes along the way!
* 2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
* 1/2 large sized onion chopped
* 6 large mushrooms quartered
* 2 garlic cloves chopped
* Garlic Olive Oil
* Milk to make sauce
1. Saute onions in oil until caramelized. Add mushrooms and cook until light brown. Add 1 teaspoon of honey. Stir well and set aside.
2. Cut each chicken breast into 3 strips. Add oil into pan. Add chicken, saute until well cooked. After chicken is cooked, drizzle honey over pieces to seal in flavor.
3. Add mushroom and onion mixture to the pan with the chicken and add milk to make a creamer sauce. Heat until the sauce is as thick as you would like.
Serve with a side of rice.
This dish had a nice sweet and spice flavor from the honey and the herbs in the olive oil. It was not heavy and the flavors was so refreshing. This is a dish we will be making again (and it was so quick and easy!)