I am on this little quest to try new recipes that I get and that led
me to try this chicken dish based on a Skinny in the City recipe. I did not follow the recipe at all really but here is what I used:
Ingredients for sauce
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1/2 red onion (or shallot) sliced
* 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
* 1 teaspoon oregano
* 1 teaspoon basil
* ½ teaspoon coarse salt
* ½ teaspoon pepper
Ingredients for chicken
* 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each)
* olive oil nonstick cooking spray
Directions for sauce
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined.
Directions for chicken
1. Place chicken in a lightly greased shallow baking dish and lightly spray chicken with olive oil nonstick cooking spray.
2. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30-35 minutes or until no longer pink.
This was super simple and I the taste was not bad. I am not sure we will do it again, but for a busy night it was easy to do.
Here is all my ingredients going into make the sauce.
Sauce placed over the chicken:
Served with Knorr Veggie Side and topped with some parm cheese, this was a quick and tastey light dinner that I will use again in a pinch, since I normally have everything I need on hand.