CleanAds

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Veggie-ing it up

Whenever Hubby and I have extra veggies in the house we know that means a pot of Veggie Chili is coming our way! Before Thanksgiving I still had some veggies from my Reading Terminal Market trip that needed to be used and since I had the time a put a pot on to cook! Here was my mix:

The mix for this batch (yes I think they are all different)

1 onion chopped (plus some red onion for fun)
2 garlic cloves
Oil
1.5 lb chopped veggies (zuchinni, carrots, and yellow squash)
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 can kidney beans
4 oz tomato pasta
28 oz crushed tomatoes
4 oz bulgar wheat
4 cups stock

As per usual this dish is so great no matter what you put into it and it is a great way to eat and use veggies

1 comment:

  1. That looks BEAUTIFUL! I was just telling my roommate last night that I love veggie chili, but I am always scared to make chili in general since nothing will ever live up to my dad's in my mind!

    ReplyDelete