CleanAds

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Slow Cooker Meatloaf

Sorry we have had a break in the slow cooker meals. We needed to eat all the extras they make! Last week we decided to try this recipe that has been hanging around for awhile for Slower Cooker Meatloaf with Shiitake Mushrooms. If I had to guess with the ground meat and mushrooms this came in around $12 for the whole thing or $6 for each of the two meals it will give us. I made a few changes, we used baby bella mushrooms (because they are easier to find) and 1 lb of ground turkey (since that was the package size). We made the meatloaf on Tuesday night and placed it in the slow cooker in the fridge.

I put it back in the cooker Wednesday before work and topped it with the mustard and ketchup mixture. I was a little worried this would come out dry from cooking all day, but when I came home and smelled it I was ready to dig in.

All ready to go.

Hubby and I served this with mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn.

It had comfort meal written all over itsmile_teeth We really loved the meal and the meatloaf was not dry at all! In fact it was very moist as you can see. We both think it needed a little more flavor but with the gravy it was perfect. We can not wait to eat the rest soon!

1 comment:

  1. Yumm!! I'm definitely trying this next week. I have such a hard time with dinners since i'm at work all day and then Alissa's activities after work that I have no idea what to make thats fast and healthy. This seems perfect. I'm think i'm going to use all turkey meat though since i'm trying to stay away from red meat.

    Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete