CleanAds

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Slow Cooker Beef Stew

So the slow cooker Wednesday thing just did not work so well for us. We have had way to much going on and too much food in the fridge to do too many slow cooker meals. That said we did try another one when the in-laws came for Hubby’s birthday. After a trip to Wegmans we had all the fixing for a Slow Cooker Beef Stew.

Along with a bunch of other stuff. What can I saw Wegmans has that effect on me!

This stew was really easy, Hubby and I made it the night before then placed the pot in the fridge.

We cut 2 lbs of beef into 1 inch cubes and browned them really quickly. Then we added a large can of mushrooms, 2 carrots, a ton of peas, 1 envelope of onion soup mix, 1 can mushroom soup, and 1/2 cup red wine. We set it to cook all day, then when I got home I boiled water for the whole wheat egg noodles and we served it up.

Sorry no pic on the plate, I forgot since the in-laws dined with us. This was a great beef stew and really was a easy meal. It had great flavor and made you all warm inside on a cold night.

No comments:

Post a Comment