CleanAds

Monday, November 19, 2012

Recycle your Christmas Lights and Save

I am not sure how many people know this (I have missed it the last 2 years!), but for the beginning of November Home Depot offers coupons if you bring in used or broken Christmas lights to replace them with LED's! This year I was prepared and had the date on my calendar, so 2 weekends ago Hubby and I checked the lights (they all worked :( ) and decided which ones we wanted to switch to LED. We knew the icicle lights on the front of the house need to be replaced, because 1 strand was already an LED (the old strand burned out last year and I had to get new ones, the day we put the lights up). So we measured the length and went to the store with our old lights in hand (plus an extra set just in case!).

See the deal that they offer is 1 coupon per set you recycle up to 5 on one receipt. The coupon this year was $5, $4, or $3 off depending on which lights you bought. We were able to get the following for under $25!


There are 3 boxes of the icicle lights that were $3 off and 1 box of the Martha Stewart lights that were $4 off! The icicles are that cool white or "blue" light that I needed to match the ones we have. The Martha lights do not even look like LED's but are red and white something that Hubby and I have always wanted to be able to decorate our pole out front like a candy cane!

This was a great buy for the lights and I highly recommend checking Home Depot next November to save on your lights too! (You can also check after the holidays too, but they never have the ones I want on sale!).

No comments:

Post a Comment