CleanAds

Monday, February 23, 2015

Mommy Wars....some thoughts


So I am sure by now that everyone has seen the Similac video. But I had to share it again because I love it. I think everyone can relate to this in some way. I see myself in a couple groups because I am a full time working mom who pumped, but used a bottle and formula so that hubby could help with the girls as well. Little B also breastfeed (I was so excited since Miss E would never latch!) for several months. I am also the mom who took both pre-natal and mom and baby yoga classes with both girls and made all my own baby food.

I will say I still feel judged by SAHM's all the time, but I am getting over it, especially when I see how well my girls are doing. Miss E loves school and can write her own name, knows all her letters and can sound out what most words start with. Also she is one of the most talkative and social 3 year olds I know, even of all the kids in her class.

As for Little B, she is so active at school that she gets bored with just us on the weekend, so I could not imagine her home with no one to play with everyday. For my kids, daycare just seems to fit their personalities and need to be extremely social. But I am not saying that is right for all families and children. 

I work because I want to not because our family needs me to as some people have implied to me. Saying things like " I am so sorry you have to work." My answer is always "I enjoy all the extra things my children can do because I have a job I love." FYI to all the judgey people, some of us love our kids and our jobs. We all do what is best for us and our families and that is all different.

Ok rant over, just needed a little soapbox time, but seriously watch the video if you have not, it is AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment