I think it was just odd placements of shelves and either not enough space or too much in certain areas. These shelves left tons of wholes in the walls, but the amazing Hubby fixed all of those and gave the closet a new coat of white paint.
So fresh and clean.
Then it was time to re-install the shelves. Since it was Closetmaid products in the closet before hand (and we did not want to spend a fortune), we went with the Closetmaid Shelf Track. This allowed us a lot of flexibility when we were putting up the shelves to move things around and find the best layout. (Also I can move things at any time now as well). We were able to use all the shelves (cut a few down), rods, and rod holders, and just got new brackets and these fun shoe brackets!
Here is my after pictures:
*** No compensation was received for this post, I paid for all the products we used, the labor was free though;)