CleanAds

Friday, December 22, 2017

Old Becomes New Again

We love projects in our house, and reusing things, and not throwing away things that can be useful. Can you see where this might be going? My mom was selling the house that I grew up in and we had this table in the basement (for years and years)


My grandfather and his brother hand built the whole thing. It is huge and heavy and been in the family for decades. I did not really have room for it as a table, but I did still need a headboard.

The amazing hubby cut it down to size, stripped all the old stain off, and used the backing to make legs for it.


Then he white (well gray) washed it, after we tried a few colors of paint on the pieces that came off. Finally it was time to bring it in the house and here it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment