CleanAds

Monday, March 1, 2010

New Mac and Cheese Recipe

I have added a new label for hubby and to get track of the some of the recipes that we come up with. We are good at just changing recipes as we make them. For dinner Sunday night, I was craving Mac and Cheese. (A little too much Food Network I think.) Since I embracing my Skinny Girl, I decided we would make a Healthy Mac and Cheese and I would only eat a little. Also it would be a good use of fridge stuff.


First thing we did was roast some cauliflower and parsnip that was in the fridge. About half a head of cauliflower and 1 parsnip.


Next we sautéed up some frozen onion (about 1/2 a cup) with a can of mushrooms.
We cooked an entire box of Whole Wheat pasta
And steamed some mixed veggies over it.
Hubby grilled a chicken breast on the Cusinart Griddle. We mixed it all together with 1.5 cups of sour cream, 1.5 cups of shredded cheese (we used white cheddar, Colby jack, and mozzarella), salt, pepper, and some Dijon Mustard.

We put it in a casserole dish with Panko Bread crumbs and granted parm and in the oven it went for 15 mins. It came out smelling awesome.
I had a little piece with some salad and cranberries. This was a great dish and I am so happy to have 2/3 of the casserole left. We did decide it could have been more cheesy so we will be adding more cheese next time!

I was a little hungry later so I had some Starburst jelly beans to kick the craving!

Let me know if you have any questions about our mac and cheese casserole!

No comments:

Post a Comment