CleanAds

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Monday Off Day

The morning was a bit crazy, but I did start off with a Breakfast Cookie that mom gave me and some tea.

Then the day when crazy, no need for details, but I did grab some frozen yogurt around 12 from TCBY (I had a coupon).

Since I love freebies, look what else I was able to grab on Monday....


I had a Harry and David's coupon for some free Moose Munch which I got with a gift for Hubby's Grandma who is coming to visit this week. The AMAZING sheet set I got for free with a $50 referral credit at Sleep Number. 

Hubby and I got a Sleep Number Bed when I was in grad school that we know use in our house. Every time some one we know gets one, because we tell everyone how great it is to be able to set the sides differently (he likes firm, I love pillowtop soft), we get a credit in the store. Last time I got pillow and this time these sheets where on sale for 75% off!! I was so excited and Hubby even likes them! After all my fun errand running, I came home and cleaned the house before doing some 10 lb Slimdown Yoga.

I have loved these workouts ant the flowy yoga makes me feel good about not doing a harder workout. The results are also awesome...more to come on that, and maybe a giveaway!


For dinner I tried something new half my own, half Rachel Ray. We are trying to add more vegetables to the meals, per the pre-pregnancy diet suggestions. So dinner was a pasta dish with kale and white beans.



It was pretty easy:

1/2 pound pasta
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
10 oz kale
1 can white beans
1 cup parm cheese
2 tsp pepper

Look the pasta and steam the kale (in one pot if your pasta pot has a steamer like mine). Melt the butter and oil with pepper in a skillet. Add the cooked pasta and pasta water to the skillet to make a sauce. Add the kale, cheese and beans and cook until warm. Serve.

So easy and so filling, both Hubby and I were full. Although it could have used some more spice!

Could have been a more relaxing day but oh well. What do you like to do on a day off of work?



1 comment: