CleanAds

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I love the simple times of fall

I am enjoying a few things lately that are helping to make my life more simple. One of the simple things I am enjoying lately is this new workout from Jillian Michaels on Exercise TV. I am really loving this workout. It is kettle ball workout, but you can do it with a dumbbell, which is what I have been doing. It gets the heart rate going and is awesome for the abs. I will let you know how it works....

I am also loving simple meals lately. Here is  Mushroom Cauliflower pasta. Gather the ingredients:

IMG00414

1/2  bag whole wheat penne pasta (mine is Whole Foods-pick your favorite)

1/2 jar your favorite pasta sauce (we used Four Cheese Pasta sauce from Whole Foods)

1 can mushroom

1 head frozen cauliflower

 

Heat water and cook the pasta according to the directions. Add the cauliflower for the last 5 minutes. Heat the pasta sauce with the mushrooms. Add everything together and top with some fresh parm. Enjoy!

IMG00415Nice and filling (the recipe made 3 servings so there is still  some leftover for later).

I also enjoy simple Cereal Fruit and Yogurt bowls.

IMG00416

1/2 cup Cheerios, 1/2 banana, strawberry Fage Total yogurt.

 

IMG00417

And of course some more Fall flavors! Another Starbucks Pumpkin Latte with some Spice Kake Krimpets from TastyKakes! What “Special Edition” items have you tired this year?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love mushrooms and cauliflower, but have never thought to put them together...what a great idea. :) It's like taking two of the most underrated nutritional powerhouses and making magic.

    [And you KNOW I love that simple CFY goodness...]

    ReplyDelete