CleanAds

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Easy Weeknight dinners

Hubby and I love having soup for dinner once the weather gets cooler. Well on Monday I wanted to have some of the healthy Italian Wedding soup Mom gave me awhile back (she used ground chicken for the meatballs!) but hubby is not a spinach fan, so I knew I would need to cook something else. I was planning on making a quick easy potato soup recipe I thought we had (thought is the key word here), well when I got home and didn’t find the recipe, I was in a little shock. Then I pulled out a few cookbooks and found a Rachel Ray recipe for sweet potato soup. Well that could be changed I thought and came up with Quick and Easy Chipotle Potato Soup.

I made this for just hubby so it can be doubled or tripled, etc.

1 carrot sliced

1 celery rib sliced

1 half an onion sliced

1 garlic clove

1 tsp dried thyme

2 potatoes cubed

1.5 cups milk

1 cup chicken stock

Chipotle sauce to taste

First add onion to the pot and sauté the veggies (I used red onion because that is what we had).

Then add the garlic, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the milk and stock then bring to a boil. Add in the potatoes and cook 10 mins or until tender. Use a stick blender to puree the mixture together. Then add as much or as little chipotle sauce as you like. Serve nice and hot.

 

For something that I just threw together last minute Hubby really liked this soup. He added a little bacon and cheese and ate it all!  If you make potato soup what do you like to add?

Tuesday night was another easy meal night for us. I used a favorite fast meal, Chicken Helper. I like to make these sometimes and add some veggies, also I only use half the protein they all for. Last night we tried the Whole Grain Honey Mustard Chicken.

I used 1 chicken breast and added frozen green beans, peas, and mushrooms to the mix.

Although it might not look that great, this was really good and the brown rice had a great flavor to it. I will be buying this one again…when they go on sale!

Here is mom’s soup just because it was that good! (I would ask for the recipe but you ever notice you cannot make things as good as mom?)

No comments:

Post a Comment