CleanAds

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend Highlights

Hubby and I actually had a pretty busy weekend. We started to work on getting ourselves ready for the holidays. Yes I know that it is just the start of the October, but if Target can have holiday decorations out then I can start working on gift buying! That being said I am not sharing any more details because of the family members that I know read the blogGift with a bow

Saturday night Hubby and I went to my parents house for dinner and to play pool (Hubby had not yet got to play on the new table they got this summer). Per usual mom made a very yummy meal (beef for the boys, fish for the ladies) and she had some fun desserts from Whole Foods. Have to love these little mini desserts.

In the box was (top first left to right) Coffee Cheesecake, Chocolate Caramel Brulee, Vanilla Cheesecake, Chocolate Cheesecake, Mango Tart, and Key Lime cheesecake. The ones I ate (citrus allergy means no Key Lime for me) were all so yummy and not overly sweet. These little desserts were just perfect to share a little bite of eachOpen-mouthed

We had some grocery shopping to do on Sunday, and although not all of the stuff we got was fun, I will share a few items (yes we did go to 3 different stores, but we normally shop at both Wegmans and Costco since they are down the street and share a parking lot and since Shop Rite had some good sales and we had been at other stores near it we popped in).

Shop Rite buys included 4 Laughing Cow cheeses on sale for $2.49 each. We wanted to try some of the flavors so thought this would be a good time to do that. We now have Mozzarella, Sun Dried Tomato & Basil,  Queso Fresco & Chipotle, Blue Cheese, and French Onion.

At Wegmans, we got Food Should Taste Good and Popchips both at $2 a bag! We are trying to buy only healthy chips from now on. We will see if this will last with Hubby. We also grabbed some Wegmans flour since it is on sale for $0.99! Have to start thinking about the holiday baking!

Then to Costco we went for a few larger items. I wanted to get some Halloween candy (we have a busy month and I do not want to wait until the last minute) and Hubby found this great bag of mixed “fruity” candies (Gummy Lifesavers, Laffy Taffy, Skittles, etc) the best part I am not a huge fan of these candies so I will not want to eat them! ( I think that is my best hope with Halloween candy!) Also since the Costco sample ladies are so helpful ( Tongue out ) we left with these blueberry and chocolate chip muffins for Hubby and I to share for breakfasts. Although I am not a huge fan of store bought muffins at only 100 calories each and when you get 32 for $5 I could not pass then up.

This afternoon I got ready for the week by making lunches for both Hubby and I (nope Sarah you are not the only ones that does this!) Lots of salads, sandwiches, fruits, veggies, and chips all ready to go!

What is your favorite way to help make the weeknights easier?

No comments:

Post a Comment