CleanAds

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Italian French Onion Soup

As I am sure you have noticed I love to make things ahead and keep them in the freezer for weeknight meals. Well after getting a bunch of onions on sale last week, French Onion soup needed to be on my list. If you do not know French Onion soup is the easiest thing in the world to make. My recipe is a take on Rachel Ray’s French Onion Soup.

First thing, add 1 TSBP olive oil and butter to your pot, then slice up 6 onions. Drop them in as you go.

Let the onions get a nice caramel color to them, stirring occasionally. Add salt, pepper, and rosemary during the simmer. Once the onions are ready, add 1/2 cup red wine, 2 TBSP Balsamic vinegar, and 6 cups of beef stock.

Bring this all to a boil and you are DONE! That is all it makes to make French Onion soup. Then I put it in single serving containers and in the freezer they go for a quick week night meal. I will show you the finished product when we eat someOpen-mouthed

No comments:

Post a Comment