CleanAds

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

St. Patty’s Day Pregnant Style

I was not really sure how Hubby and would celebrate St. Patty’s Day this year. With me not being able to consume some beverages, I had to come up with a plan B (for baby!). Then I remembered how much Hubby loves corned beef risotto, although I could not have the corned beef (all the ones I found had nitrates in them) I decided to make a his and her’s risotto. He had corned beef and I had butternut squash!

This dish is really easy. Start with some onion and oil in a pan. Let it soften, then add your risotto rice (I did 1 cup), allow the rice to brown a little. Add your liquid 1 cup at a time (I used chicken stock and 3 cups total). Then I added mushrooms and tomatoes to the mix and allowed then to cook down. Once the veggies cooked in, I separate the 2 servings and add squash to mine and corned beef to his. A little parm on top and we sat down to eat.

After dinner it was time for a little treat, to celebrate the holiday, Hubby and I split this little beauty.

What I am suppose to be uping my calcium intake Wink How was your St. Patty’s Day?

1 comment:

  1. ours was filled with beef brisket. although i found i wasnt looking forward to it this year. ive been trying to watch my fat intake and boy those things can be fatty adn i can feel the oil on my lips...yuck.

    love the his and hers risotto.

    ReplyDelete