CleanAds

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Waffles!

I have wanted a waffle maker for so long I can not even remember when I first started on this idea. Needless to say I was super excited when Hubby got me the waffle maker plates for my birthday. I knew the first try with the plates would need to be on a weekend, so this past Sunday I mixed up the basic batter from the book and let it sit. I have heard you should let pancake and waffle batters sit for a bit (anyone else or am I making this up?) Here is my batter ready to go.

It was really simple pour it onto the plates, close and cook for 5 minutes. Out came waffles!

As you can see I filled mine with berries, hubby went with butter and syrup. The waffles had a great taste and I even had extra to freeze for during the week. This will make for some great week day breakfasts for sure. Any good waffle recipes for me to try? I love waffles and am so excited to make them at home now!

No comments:

Post a Comment