CleanAds

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Making Baby Food

Hubby and I had always planned on making baby food for little miss on our own. We love to buy produce and really how hard could it be? I will actually say it was EASIER then I would have every thought. We have just been steaming what ever vegetable she is eating for the week, then putting it into our chopper. Add a little liquid (mommy milk) and you are set to go.

 

IMAG0362

We are then taking the puree and putting it in silicone mini muffin pans and putting them into the freezer. Above is the butternut squash we made her. After they freezer, pop them out and put into a plastic bag. Little miss eats one at a meal (for now) and they are so easy to make. We have done butternut squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, and green beans so far.  She has loved all the veggies and we are moving on to fruits.

I am loving that I know exactly what she is eating and that it is so fresh. Also the price is amazing! The baby food jars are anywhere from $0.55 to $1 and these 12 servings of squash I got from half a squash that cost me $4, so that is only $0.16 a serving! If you are interested in making baby food let me know I have picked up a number of great e-books on what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment