CleanAds

Monday, December 8, 2014

Infant Eczema

We learned this summer that Little B has eczema, it runs in both our families so no big surprise here. In August the Doctor said we could use hydrocortisone on her face to help with the spots she had on her checks from droll. That was working for a few weeks, then I got the dreaded day care call that she had scratched her one ear so bad it was bleeding. I took her right to the doctor, thinking it was an ear infection (we went through that will Miss E for a bit around 18 months).

Well to my surprise there was no ear infection, but eczema in her ears! (What how does that happen). The doctor gave us a prescription cream to use for 14 days on all her spots of dry skin and told me to get CeraVe cream.


The pharmacist had to help me find it, because it is actually in the health and beauty section. (This stuff is not cheap, ask your doctor to write as prescription for it and insurance might cover it, mine did). I bought 2 huge jars, one for home and one for school and started to apply this all over Little B. I will tell  you within HOURS literally the red rawness on her face was gone. By the second day her face was almost clear and her legs were much smoother. It was amazing to see such a quick change. (I went back to the store and bought more cream since it was on sale!)

The doctor also said to start using a gentle body wash as well. What could be better then Honest Company Shampoo and Body Wash, the even better part if you are a Costco member you can get the GIANT pack for $14.99.



I will have to say that we have seem amazing progress with these steps. (Note we only had to use the prescription cream for about 5 days before it was all gone!) Here is Little B's face the day we went to the Doctor
She also had it in all her joints and around her ankles. I am happy to say that she is all cleared up around her body and here is our non-red checks.

**Note this was only 2 (yes 2) days later!


All opinions in this post are my own and all product have been purchased with my own money, just want to help anyone else that might be having this issue as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment