CleanAds

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 4th Recap

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to posting (a lot has been going on-more in a later post). I am not going to do a play by play of the weekend because that would be boring to me as as well (we did not do anything really exciting). However I will be some updates of some fun things we did and ate over the weekend.

Friday I was off work and did my normal of cleaning, laundry, errands, working out, and getting the house organized for a relaxing weekend.

During my errands I picked up this cherry pitter at Bed Bath and Beyond.


Here it is in action.

Then of course my lunch needed to have some cherries. Cucumber, celery, carrots and cheese to dip in, with cherries.



After lunch I worked out with the Bikini Revolution. I finished the 21 Day program this weekend and so I don't forget here are my workouts from the weekend:

Friday - Sculpt and Yoga
Saturday and Sunday - Cardio 1 and 2 (these together gave me a great sweat)
Monday - off day

Then it was time to catch up on some TV, I enjoy some reality tv and DVR Kourtney and Khloe as well as Real Housewives of NJ. I love the craziness on both shows.

Hubby and I decided we wanted to use the grill a lot over the weekend since it was 4th of July. This started with Friday nights naan pizzas!

Mine was simple with pizza sauce (store bought), olives, mushrooms, onion, and cheese. Hubby and I really love using the naan for pizza and on the grill it tasted AMAZING. Have you tried naan do you love it too?

Saturday was fairly uneventful, but we did go to my parents to install Dad's Father's Day gift. We got him a park assist thing for the garage. Mom and dad have a smaller garage now so we thought it was a good gift. Dad loves it (and it was so easy to install).

After the install and before dinner with them, we went to the Farm Market up the street for ice cream. I got a small vanilla and strawberry frozen yogurt which Hubby was nice enough to share with the puppy.

She loves vanilla ice cream (this is the only human food she actually gets and yes it is save as long as it is vanilla).

For dinner Hubby and I wanted to try something new. Since we had beer in cans left over from the wedding (can beer is strange in our house) we decided to make Beer Can Chicken!

Here is hubby getting it ready



And here he is all done
This chicken was so moist we all ate it up so fast. And it was easy as anything to do. Here is what we did:


Beer Can Chicken
Take 1 chicken (ours was 4.5 lbs) and rinse and dry. Season the inside and out with your favorite rub or spices (we used a rosemary rub from Target). Open a beer and pour 1/4 out, add some spices or rub to the beer. Place beer in rack and put chicken on rack. Place in pan with beer that was poured out. Place on grill and let cook.

We put our grill thermometer in the chicken so we knew when he reached 160 degrees. Along with the chicken we did some grilled corn on the cob, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, yellow squash and zucchini. It was a great summertime dinner.

Sunday again was a relaxing day for us. I spent some time outside reading before it got too hot then same in and had an afternoon milk shake.

This was 1 cup milk, 1 cup crushed ice, some sugar free Vanilla syrup, and a100 calorie pack of Oreos. Blended together until smooth and topped with Reddi Whip. I love this super low calorie milk shake!

Dinner was our last night of using the grill before the heat got to bad and we went with a "Surf and Turf." When Hubby and I do surf and turf I have the surf and he has the turf, so here is my plate


Scallops, sweet potato on the grill, and grilled veggie mix. It was a really nice dinner with a little Raspberry Mocktail in the background (club soda and raspberry juice). After being the DD at the wedding last weekend, I realized I enjoyed the club soda and juice just as much as normal drink and with a done less calories!

Monday was the final day of our long weekend and it started with some oats!

1/3 cup oats with 1/3 cup milk and 1/3 cup water, 1/2 frozen banana cooked in. Then topped with a scoop of PB and blueberries. This was an awesome breakfast and really filled me up for a long time.

We laid low since it was near 100 degrees on Monday and cleared off the DVR! I love the feeling of having that cleared off. Then for dinner we had an egg white quiche we picked up at Sam's Club on Saturday. Hubby gets a free membership through work so after 4 years we finally got our cards and walked around Sam's on Saturday morning. I still like Costco (mainly because it is closer) but can see myself going to Sam's now and then.

Here is out broccoli and cheese quiche with a spinach salad.

It was the perfect easy meal on a hot day.

Hope you had a great 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment