CleanAds

Monday, June 21, 2010

Preparing Chocolates

Friday was a busy day as I got ready for our Father's Day BBQ on Saturday. The day started with a healthy breakfast. I had oats (1/3 cup) with 1 cup water and milk, 1 big TBSP of PB, and some cranberries for color. I love this super filling breakfast.


After breakfast, I cleaned the house, did the laundry, and the general weekly chores of a wifey. Then it was time to workout. But first I needed to get my new shoes out! I won Exercise TV Twitter contest and my prize came on Thursday!
The DVD is the workout I had been doing last month (which is awesome by the way) and the Shoes are New Balance 812 Women's Cross Trainers. The are not the color I would pick that is for sure, but they are really comfortable and super light weight.

I loved using them with my Bikini Revolution workouts on Friday morning.

After my workout it was time to run some errands for the BBQ on Saturday. While I was out I picked up some more Birthday month fun.

I got to Coldstone to find the new Tart and Fruity Yogurt and had to try it. At only 150 calories I loved this cup (ok maybe a little more since I added some chocolate PB bites!) The cup is white tea from Borders that was enjoyed the next morning for Breakfast (after running around in the heat I could not drink it...)

When I got home it was time for real food, but since I was not overly hungry, I just had some broccoli with melted cheese.
After getting some sun, it was time to play with one of my Birthday presents. Hubby got me chocolate making molds and supplies, so I decided to make some chocolate covered cookies for our Father's Day BBQ.

You can see the cookie under the chocolate, and here they are!

This was my first try at making the candies so I am really happy with the way they came out. Look for more fun creations to come! Any one out there make your own candy and have any tips?

Dinner was simple Friday night so hubby and I could rest up for the weekend.


Chili from the freezer with Tortilla Chips!


And on to Father's Day....

No comments:

Post a Comment